General Manager Strategic Marketing
Consultant Oliver Molinari
Date posted 16 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
About us: Teys Australia is an Australian grown success story. As a family owned business operating as a 50/50 Joint Venture with Cargill Inc, they have grown to become a leading beef processor and exporter. With a legacy and heritage to be proud of, the family continue to operate the business with great vision and sustainability at the heart of all operations. Due to the ongoing success of Teys Australia, an exceptional opportunity for a General Manager Strategic Marketing is now available to join this market leader in a strategic leadership role based in Brisbane. As the General Manager Strategic Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of Teys Australia Group marketing and communication initiatives under the corporate and product-based brand portfolio.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Group General Manager Commercial, the General Manager Strategic Marketing’s area of responsibility encompasses building a strong portfolio of consumer-centric brands and to generate profitable growth by increasing sales through the development of a successful marketing strategy for the entire organisation, incorporating the use of data led consumer insights, effective market research, product and channel marketing, internal and external communications, advertising and public relations.
You will be a ground-breaking leader with creative, strategic, and commercial acumen coupled with strong business intellect necessary for taking the business to the next level. The General Manager Strategic Marketing is also an experienced marketer who can lead and drive branding and marketing efforts in order to increase and build on the business/brand’s growth and awareness targets.
- Extensive experience in a senior marketing position in FMCG or related industries, with the capacity to lead and inspire a team of high performing professionals.
- Prior experience working across a multi-channel product environment and ideally with previous exposure to an international market.
- Demonstrated capability in the development of strategic marketing plans, with proven ability to formulate and manage budgets and analyse financial performance.
- Highly developed commercial acumen with the capacity to identify commercial opportunities and deliver strategic outcomes.
- Well-developed communication skills with a strong collaborative focus and the ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced at operating at board level within similar organisations.
- Highly strategic outlook and a natural marketing ability.
- Experience in community building and/or brand ambassador marketing
- Proven ability to use both traditional and digital marketing techniques in integrated and aligned campaigns
- A bachelor's degree is required, and an advanced degree in marketing or business (e.g. MBA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility
For a confidential conversation, please contact Oliver Molinari on 07 3032 2291 or Sinead Hourigan on 07 3032 2227.
To apply please click apply or call Oliver Molinari on +61 (7) 3032 2291 for a confidential discussion.