Senior Business Development Executive, Corporate
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 13 November 20192019-11-13 2019-12-13 legal Melbourne CBD Victoria William Road AU 3000 AUD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role is for a Senior Business Development Executive (Senior BDE) in our corporate transactions team.
The Senior BDE works in conjunction with the Corporate BD team and the respective Australia partners to develop and execute business development, marketing, and innovation initiatives relating to Division's strategy as well as key opportunities and major clients.
About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional services focused marketing professional to join a multinational law firm, focusing on their Melbourne location. The Senior Business Development Executive will:
- Build and develop relationships with the Melbourne partners to raise the profile of BD and ultimately become a trusted adviser
- Work closely with the Senior BDM to enable both the corporate division and broader Asia-Pacific / Global BD&M team to implement strategic BD&M initiatives
- Lead strategic initiatives with direction and guidance from the senior BDM.
- Provide project management support, including managing opportunity databases and preparing client-focused sales collateral
- Refine tailored pitch and other client-facing materials, including taking the lead on panel tenders and strategic client opportunities
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of marketing materials, including website / intranet content, publications and brochures
- Contribute to raising the division's profile internally and externally amongst key contacts through conception and execution of topical seminars, unique events and PR initiatives
- Co-ordinate the production and distribution of divisional thought leadership initiatives
- Regularly review systems and processes and suggest improvements to drive efficiencies
About The Candidate
The successful candidate for this position will have experience or a strong understanding of the professional services industry (Ideally Legal). The candidate will also need to be:
- Enthusiastic, 'can-do' and proactive attitude
- Self starter who will identify, take accountability for, and follow through on potential opportunities and initiatives
- Previous experience in a professional services BD environment, preferably legal
- An innovative mind-set and a passion for developing and evolving the way you, and your colleagues, work
- Excellent verbal and written communication - able to write clearly, concisely and to a high standard
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects and activities
- Commercial awareness and ability to bring the client's perspective into the frame
- Ability to work autonomously when required as well as ability to work within a team and take direction from others
- Ability to switch between detail and the bigger picture
- Strong interpersonal skills with polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- An understanding of legal practices, products and the legal competitive landscape
- Experience with CRM software, including InterAction
About The Company
Our client is a multinational law firm, focused on advising corporations, Financial Institutions and Governments. This role will sit in their Melbourne CBD office.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.