Consultant Luke Maslin
Date posted 13 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As part of the marketing team in Australia, you will work closely with the Marketing Director and collaborate closely with global counterparts to identify and curate a funnel of emerging business concepts which may be disruptive or adjacent to existing lines of business and products You will be responsible for seeking out opportunities, developing business cases with strategic rationale and activating to drive success and growth.
A global leader in access solutions and products, they design and engineer residential garage door openers, commercial door operators and gate entry systems with products that are connected through innovative technology which empowers users to control or monitor their entry points through smartphone access.
The role presents a unique mix of product management, strategy development and partnerships, designed to act as a conduit for the business to drive growth through innovation into new product and market areas,
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify and curate a funnel of emerging business concepts and partnerships
- Sponsor, research, lead and mentor team to create and present business cases
- Create action plans to achieve targets in business case to capitalise on identified opportunities levering the resources of the local marketing team and global emerging business units
- Provide cross functional visibility and gain support for new business initiatives through various teams e.g. customer service, channel, sales, engineering, IT etc
- Seek innovative ways to leverage capabilities to other regions working with regional business leaders working on global initiatives and project teams
To be successful in the role you will have a background working in consumer technology/consumer durables with an understanding of the connectivity space and a strong mix of product management, strategy management and partnerships.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years experience with 2.5 years product management experience combined with new concept initiative creating, launching and managing product life cycles
- Understanding of IOT with product and service solutions preferred and familiarity with web/app service offering and technologies (Experience in controls, energy and security an advantage
In addition you will have the following attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive innovation
- Strong analytic skills, commercial acumen and ability to work with an interpret data
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills combined with strong communication skills and ability to build effective relationships across markets/teams
- Strong project management skills and experience in a complex, matrix, international environment
- Leading global brand
- Newly created role, regional scope and opportunity to drive innovation
- Strong corporate culture, highly collaborative teams
NB: this opportunity is being recruited exclusively by Robert Walters for the company and any applications made either directly or via other parties will be redirected.
To apply please click apply or call Luke Maslin on 02 8289 3233 for a confidential discussion.