Product Manager - Travel
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneFULL_TIME
Consultant Babette de Wit
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-10-12 travel-and-tourism 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This leading travel organisation is looking for a game changer, a hands-on Product Manager who is keen to develop new products, negotiate rates with suppliers and increase sales flow to make this travel business even more successful.
About the Role
The Product Manager role is all about owning your product portfolio, building relationships with agents, suppliers & third party vendors and negotiating competitive rates.
Your main responsibilities will also include:
- Negotiating competitive rates with suppliers
- Visiting and monitoring the wide variety of hotels and venues within the account
- Representing the brand at trade fairs
- Update and develop a range of consumer focused marketing collateral for European destinations
- Conducting market research
- Update and maintain all pricing information
- Providing proactive advice and support to the Customer Service Team
You will bring extensive knowledge about the travel industry. We are looking for a passionate traveller, a candidate who is ready for a challenge, ready to get their hands dirty and excited to work hard across product development.
You will also have experience across:
- Commercial acumen and developed negotiation skills
- Experience in a similar role with Europe as a destination
- A travel & tourism qualification would be preferred but not essential
- Tour planning experience
- Customer service experience
About the Company
This company is passionate about their brands in the travel industry and is looking to expand their success. Working with well-known travel retailers, this organisation offers holiday packages to European, American and Nordic destinations.
Please note: Only applicants with full working rights in Australia will be considered. No Working Holiday Visa holders.
To apply please click apply or call Babette De Wit on +61 3 86282177 for a confidential discussion.