Salary Competitive salary
Location Inner Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Jane Lowney
Date posted 12 October 2016
ARTC has engaged Robert Walters to recruit a Programme Scheduler for the Inland Rail programme. Inland Rail is a sustainable solution to Australia’s freight challenge and has received significant federal government support in the recent budget to deliver the reference design and environmental approvals to progress the project.
The Inland Rail Programme is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links, comprising of; viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au/
ARTC Inland Rail is now looking to appoint a suitably qualified Programme Scheduler/Planning Engineer with considerable civil infrastructure execution experience.
The primary focus of the Programme Scheduler will be:
- Provide planning & scheduling services to the programme office to determine staging, development, procurement and construction activities.
- Act as Civil/Structural Planning lead with a strong focus on earthworks, site logistics and civil structural interfaces.
- Work closely with project delivery team to facilitate and support options assessment, alternative procurement options as well as assessing contractor and consultancy schedule performance
- Identify, produce and analyse mass-haul requirements and constraints across the programme.
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Proven track record in project planning through execution phase, ideally with a Tier 1 or 2 contractor
- Proven expertise managing major bulk earthworks is essential as well as planning linear projects with complex civil structural elements including bridges, tunnels etc.
- Strong track record in developing site logistics plans, access plans and mass-haul calculations & diagrams.
- Advanced P6 project scheduling skills. Exposure to Tilos would be highly regarded.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve complex problems
These roles will be offered on a 2 year fixed term basis in and will report directly to the Program Planning Manager.
Appointment is subject to ARTC’s medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Jane Lowney at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Jane Lowney on (07) 3032 2252 for a confidential discussion.