Senior Planners x 2
Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Hannah Milford
Date posted 5 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has engaged Robert Walters to recruit a Senior Programme Planner and a Senior Project Planner for the Inland Rail project. Rail is a sustainable solution to Australia’s freight challenge and has received significant federal government support in the recent budget to deliver the reference design and environmental approvals to progress the project.
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Senior Programme Planner
The Senior Programme Planner will provide sound, efficient and timely support and advice on the planning, scheduling and reporting services to the programme to support completion of the programme on time and on budget. You will assist in the production of high quality schedules and reports and work with teams across the full programme to advance the planning of this critical project.
To be successful in the role, you will have broad experience in the planning and delivery of major civil infrastructure projects. Ideally you will have worked in client side and contractor side on multi-billion-dollar rail infrastructure projects. You will have exceptional IT skills and adapt to a dynamic project environment with ease. You will have demonstrated experience with PMBOK or similar project management methodologies and an appreciation of project controls.
Senior Project Planner
The Senior Project Planner will develop and maintain project schedules and associated reports, incorporating all phases of the project lifecycle and provide sound advice in support of completing project scope efficiently, on time and on budget.
You will advise project teams on staging, constraints and critical interfaces and work cross-functionally in order to build consensus and contribute to the continuous improvement of planning and scheduling policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of both roles:
- Develop and maintain realistic and robust schedules of work either across the programme or allocated projects, Basis of Schedule and cashflows for all project or programme phases in accordance with industry best practice and Inland Rail policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all reporting is produced on time and to the required standard and contribute to the continuous improvement of planning and scheduling;
- Produce and evaluate work group requirements in a multi-disciplinary rail environment considering stakeholder requirements, mass-haul, access, asset and resource constraints and provide sound advice on alternate methodologies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or proven relevant experience
- Extensive project planning experience ideally with 5+ years’ experience in planning roles on major infrastructure projects and proven experience in panning roles in major linear infrastructure projects.
- Strong client-side experience, commercial acumen and ability to manage sub-contractor schedules
- Strong ability to communicate within multi-disciplinary teams, and articulate issues in clear terms, to support decision-makers
- A strong analytical mind, with the ability to conceptualise and analyse complex project issues
Planning tools currently in use include but not limited to: Primavera P6; Primavera Risk; Tilos; CR Financial.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Hannah Milford at Robert Walters for consideration**
To apply please click apply or call Hannah Milford on 07 3032 2253 for a confidential discussion.