Technical Officer - Council
Location Western Sydney
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 8 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This Technical Officer required for local council civil works. The role involves acting as councils public lighting officer in assessing lighting requirements of new roads and preparation of design briefs for lighting designs. Immediate Start. 3 month Contract.
The role involves investigating and assessing the requirements in regards to public utility restoration work, this includes liaising with the utility companies in regards to temporary and permanent restorations. The role will process restorations and update the restoration management systems.
• Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (tertiary qualifications in Surveying may be considered)
• Experience in the investigation, survey, design and estimation of engineering projects. In particular; road, drainage, traffic, stormwater and environmental works.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
• Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design programs and related software packages (Camden Council uses AutoCAD C3D & Advanced Road Design).
• Strong customer/community service focus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate well to internal and external clients and the ability to write analytical and logical reports drawing justified conclusions.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.