Civil Engineer - Rail Maintenance
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-09-23 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Opportunity for Civil Engineers (x4) with a strong background in the Civil Construction and Maintenance environment to provide expertise towards the delivery of remediation repairs to bridges and structures. Sydney based project, across 4 locations. 6 month Contract with attractive rates on offer.
Civil Engineers required for Condition Assessments of Bridges & Structures based in Sydney:
- Delivery of remediation repairs to bridges and structures.
- Delivery of multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- 1-3 Direct Reports (Technical Administrators)
- Positions will be located initially at Pitt Street, Sydney and then position will be located at 1x Wollongong, 1x Gosford, 1x Sydenham and 1x Blacktown.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for:
• Providing a high level of engineering & technical advice and support to the Senior Manager Civil Engineering and Network Base team, ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the rail network.
• Evaluating asset condition reports and inspection data to ensure all major risks identified are managed in a timely manner and have effective controls in place for the safe operation of rail traffic.
• Ensuring the technical integrity of assets in a region; compliance to engineering standards, identification and control of key risks, incident investigation and track safety assurance.
• Provide specialist engineering support, quality assurance and compliance assurance of Routine Maintenance delivery within a geographical Region for all related assets to ensure compliance to the relevant standards, procedures, engineering instructions and safety systems.
• Liaise with the Territory Maintenance Operations Manager and their management team to provide SME track maintenance and engineering advice and direction to assist in the assessment & planning of corrective maintenance priorities plus the development of preventative maintenance strategies to address issues effecting safety, integrity and reliability of infrastructure.
• Conduct technical field quality inspections of maintenance activities and provide technical advice to maintenance staff on corrective actions to assist in the achievement of a high level of compliance with relevant standards and approved procedures
• Approx. 5 years or greater experience in the Civil Construction/Maintenance environment.
• Experience in the use of Maintenance Management Systems.
• Tertiary qualification (Degree) in Civil Engineering or related discipline or equivalent substantial experience.
• Demonstrated research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply them in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Proven knowledge of Asset Management and maintenance planning.
• Hold a current NSW Class C driver’s license and be comfortable driving a 4WD/UTE type of vehicle
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.