Site Environmental Advisor
Salary AUD600 - AUD900 per day
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 10 September 2018 2018-09-102018-10-10 transport-and-rail 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This role also involves supporting the Project Environmental Advisor (PEA) and compliance team in maintaining compliance and undertaking reporting for the delivery of the project.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
• Oversee and ensure effective delivery of the relevant project in accordance with Rail Project process, the Environmental Management System and relevant licenses and approvals.
• Work collaboratively with other staff and contractors to help promote and develop the Rail Project Programme Environment team.
• Support the Project Environment Advisor to ensure that the environmental management is sensitive to industry trends, stakeholder, community and regulatory expectations and legislation as required.
• Collaborate with the Environment Management Systems (EMS) Coordinator in the development, implementation and monitoring of the company Environmental Management System (EMS), including integration of appropriate elements of the environmental, health and safety management systems in a form consistent with the company policies and procedures and relevant environmental management standards.
• Manage the company environmental management activities in a manner that is compliant with the requirements of the relevant applicable state planning and environment agencies.
• Critically review all consultants’ recommendations to ensure accuracy and adequacy; implement recommendations and disseminate outcomes to relevant staff.
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or an environmentally related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in Construction Project compliance.
• Experience engaging and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, managers, construction contractors.
• Experience managing and delivering the environmental scope of work during construction including inspections, monitoring, partaking in audits, compliance, incident management and reporting.
• Demonstrated experience in understanding an environment budget and sustainability budget including reporting on environmental footprint
• Proven ability to build support for an environmentally compliant work culture and negotiate with stakeholders on complex environment and policy issues.
• Experience implementing and managing an Environmental Management System.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.