Civil Engineer - Rail Maintenance - Based in Gosford, NSW
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 9 October 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Opportunity for Civil Engineers with a strong background in the Civil Construction and Maintenance environment to provide expertise towards the delivery of remediation repairs to bridges and structures. Gosford based project. 6 month Contract with attractive rates on offer.
Civil Engineer required for Condition Assessments of Bridges & Structures based in Gosford:
- Delivery of remediation repairs to bridges and structures.
- Delivery of multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- 1-3 Direct Reports (Technical Administrators)
The Civil Engineer is responsible for:
• Providing a high level of engineering & technical advice and support to the Senior Manager Civil Engineering and Network Base team, ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the rail network.
• Evaluating asset condition reports and inspection data to ensure all major risks identified are managed in a timely manner and have effective controls in place for the safe operation of rail traffic.
• Ensuring the technical integrity of assets in a region; compliance to engineering standards, identification and control of key risks, incident investigation and track safety assurance.
• Provide specialist engineering support, quality assurance and compliance assurance of Routine Maintenance delivery within a geographical Region for all related assets to ensure compliance to the relevant standards, procedures, engineering instructions and safety systems.
• Liaise with the Territory Maintenance Operations Manager and their management team to provide SME track maintenance and engineering advice and direction to assist in the assessment & planning of corrective maintenance priorities plus the development of preventative maintenance strategies to address issues effecting safety, integrity and reliability of infrastructure.
• Conduct technical field quality inspections of maintenance activities and provide technical advice to maintenance staff on corrective actions to assist in the achievement of a high level of compliance with relevant standards and approved procedures
• Approx. 5 years or greater experience in the Civil Construction/Maintenance environment.
• Experience in the use of Maintenance Management Systems.
• Tertiary qualification (Degree) in Civil Engineering or related discipline or equivalent substantial experience.
• Demonstrated research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply them in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Proven knowledge of Asset Management and maintenance planning.
• Hold a current NSW Class C driver’s license and be comfortable driving a 4WD/UTE type of vehicle
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.