Design Manager - Rail
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-272018-12-27 transport-and-rail 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Opportunity for an experienced Rail Design Manager to perform in an advisory capacity for a Major Rail project in NSW Infrastructure. Attractive Contracting Position. Based in Chatswood.
Lead in an advisory position, providing technical oversight on Alliance involved in NSW Rail project roll-out.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide project management of specialist technical engineering services, ensuring that an engineering framework is developed and maintained which supports the Project Team in the delivery of a project within clearly defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
• Advise on key governance and technical issues on infrastructure projects and implement operational goals and business plans ensuring successful delivery of projects
• Provide advice for the resolution of technical-related problems, implementing lessons learned from other projects.
• Monitor cost performance of projects and manage any scope and engineering changes, implementing the changes in compliance with standards
• Ensure project designs comply with relevant standards and are fit for purpose and adhere to technical management processes
• Identify project design risks and opportunities, ensuring risks are designed-out wherever possible and managing design-designated risks ensuring that a compliant risk-based approach is applied
• Manage the development of works brief, technical specifications and specialist technical input required for procurement on infrastructure projects, ensuring adherence to government procurement guidelines
• Co-ordinate, engage with and facilitate approvals by approving and regulatory authorities, including but not limited to submissions such as configuration (CCB), fire & life safety (F&LS), building code (BCA), operating/sectioning diagrams
• Assess contractor's technical expertise on projects and make recommendations prior to engagement, managing design contractors to deliver design solutions for projects, reviewing submissions to ensure designs meets requirements
Attractive Contractor Rates on Offer
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.