Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 1 April 20192019-04-11 2019-05-01 building-and-construction Brisbane Queensland Brisbane, QLD AU 4000 AUD 140000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Commercial / Civil Estimator - ensure success to the business delivering winning tenders on projects valued over $40M+ across Commercial / Civil projects that may include Gov. contracts – Health / Education or Defence through to Commercial Retail and Industrial projects.
Our client is an award-winning Australian construction group who continue to lead the way delivering diverse, innovative, award winning commercial / social infrastructure projects.
Joining this business you will be part of a culture that is supportive, engaging and rewarding, while working in a fast paced environment.
Investing in their employees is a priority for this business where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
With continued growth and project wins, our client is currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join the local team.
To ensure success you will bring to the business your proven success delivering projects valued over $40M+ across Commercial, Civil projects that may include Gov. contracts – Health / Education or Defence through to Retail and Industrial projects.
The main duties and tasks as an experienced Estimator – will be supporting the Commercial Director / Estimating Manager, while managing the D&C estimation and hard dollar tender process:
- Prepare tenders over $40M
- Measure and price builder’s quantities
- Manage tender documentation
- Liaise with other professionals
- Source Subcontractor and Supplier quotes and prices
- Interpret data relating to land, buildings or construction
- Follow due diligence in interpreting the cost implications of tender documentation
- Undertake value engineering exercises
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
- IT competency especially in MS suites including Excel (Advanced), Buildsoft Cubit, CostX & OST
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Commercial, Government project experience on projects over $40M in value
Qualifications and Skills preferred:
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveyor – Construction Economics), Civil Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduation construction cost estimating experience
- Experience measuring New Build, Refurb and Fit out projects including Civil works exceeding $40M
- Familiarity with on screen take-off systems and various estimating software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.