Stormwater & Drainage Senior Engineer
Location Western SydneyCONTRACTOR
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 28 May 20192019-05-28 2019-06-27 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 50 70 70 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Senior Stormwater & Drainage Engineer required for civil infrastructure programs in Western Sydney. Great opportunity to work on major Western Sydney Transport and Infrastructure projects. This position will be responsible to provide detailed engineering advice on developments proposing new or renewed stormwater drainage infrastructure. 6 - 12 month initial contract.
Senior Stormwater & Drainage Engineer required for civil infrastructure programs in Western Sydney.
Great opportunity to work on major Western Sydney Transport and Infrastructure projects.
This position will be responsible to provide detailed engineering advice on developments proposing new or renewed stormwater drainage infrastructure.
- Provide professional and specialist technical advice and guidance on engineering matters to the organisation and external customers (public, developers, consultants etc.) to achieve positive outcomes.
- Provide professional and technical advice and guidance on various planning instruments, guidelines, Flood DCP, Water Management DCP, Strategies / Studies / Policies relating to floodplain, estuarine, storm water and water quality matters.
- Manage investigation and design for a diverse range of projects and multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ensure that quality, safety, environment and risk issues are appropriately addressed in the design process.
- Contribute to the development of work programs, budgets and other management information and monitor performance against them.
- Manage civil and water related projects.
- Provide input to the review and maintenance of operational and strategic documents such as the Civil Design Guidelines, Design Standards & Procedures.
- Use water management software applications (eg. DRAINS (drainage), RAFTS / MIKEII / TUFLOW (flood), MUSIC (water quality))
- Management of the Drainage Construction, Flood Mitigation and Drainage Renewal Programs.
- Recognised Degree in Civil Engineering and eligible to be a member of The Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence.
- Approximately 10 years civil and water engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Floodplain Risk Management.
- Good catchment modelling track record.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.