Senior Project Engineer - Rail - Signalling & Track
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 11 June 20192019-06-11 2019-07-11 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 600 1200 1200 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Multiple Project Engineer Opportunities within the NSW Rail Planning and Delivery Environment. Seeking Signalling and Track Individuals. My client is responsible for delivering maintenance and renewal of existing infrastructure assets across Infrastructure, Signals and Electrical, and Operational Technology. Provide planning, engineering, and/or site construction support for projects.
Multiple Project Engineer Opportunities within the NSW Rail Planning and Delivery Environment. Seeking Signalling and Track Individuals.
My client is responsible for delivering maintenance and renewal of existing infrastructure assets across Infrastructure, Signals and Electrical, and Operational Technology.
- Liaise with clients and key stakeholders to evaluate the principal, technological and systemic requirements to meet the SOW, Functional Specifications and achieve the project requirements including carrying out site surveys and investigations, and communicating with subject matter experts.
- Work with Program/Project Managers and Program Planners on the preliminary and detailed scoping, initial costing, and planning for the project.
- Assist the Program/Project Manager in preparing the PMP and associated project documentation including safety plans, environmental plans, IWP, ITP and quality plans; to ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- Assist the Program/Project Manager in the setup of project controls for cost and progress reporting.
- Coordinate risk management workshops and rail safety reviews
- Analyse drawings and associated design and project documentation for technical accuracy and suitability
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure assessment of safety in design and construct reviews
- Participate in the evaluation of tenders with respect to established specifications, ensuring the technical merits of all tenders are carefully assessed in the selection of a suitable tender
- Monitor and report project progress against the project plan including the progress against scope, schedule performance, quality, cost, earned value and estimates to ensure project is delivered to time, cost, safety and quality standards
- Coordinate handover process for completed works to stakeholders including obtaining their acceptance of the works as completed and to their satisfaction
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, (Civil, Track, Electrical, Operational Technology, Control Systems, Signalling – delete as appropriate to position) or equivalent related industry experience
- Substantial experience in project delivery and/or engineering works, preferably in a rail environment
- Demonstrated experience in project management support, such as developing estimates, preparing schedules, managing budgets and cost, planning resources, project controls and status reporting and managing quality.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of relevant standards such as Australian Engineering and Technical standards.
- Demonstrated success in managing risk and safety performance in compliance with safety legislation, rules and procedures.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.