Rail Systems Manager
Location Inner Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Jane Lowney
Date posted 16 May 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has engaged Robert Walters to recruit for a Rail Systems Manager for the Inland Rail project. Inland Rail is a sustainable solution to Australia’s freight challenge and has received significant federal government support to develop and deliver the project.
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 km's of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Rail Systems Manager
Manage the rail systems program for the Inland Rail Projects within the scheduled time-frame and budget, ensuring quality, operational, environmental and safety criterion are achieved, and that activities undertaken drive value for money and are fit for network operations.
• Provide leadership and advice to ensure the achievement of ARTC’s objectives across all aspects of rail systems engineering and technical integration as well as service activities
• Ensure rail systems meet Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR), ARTC’s Signalling Standards and Operational requirements
• Ensure that the commercial and contractual aspects of the Collaborative Agreements (existing ARTC agreements with rail system providers) and contracts meet the required project deliverables and ensure effective communication.
• Establish and manage processes for identifying and mitigating risk and maximising opportunities to innovate.
• Manage and maintain an effective working relationship between Collaborative Partners, contractors and consultants, ARTC Operations, ARTC corridors and service authorities, including the coordination and facilitation of interface meetings across project groups.
• Developing and nurturing productive collaborative relationship with ARTC ATMS team.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience in the development, implementation \ and operations of rail systems. You will also require:
• Degree in engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution in the area of rail systems.
• Proven experience in managing the investigation, design, implementation and commissioning of rail systems and train control operations systems.
• Knowledge of a railway environment including working in Track Possession Windows and experience in Track Occupancy planning.
• Extensive experience in Rail Safety Management, Work Health and Safety and environmental principles, and an ability to implement these principles.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the technology, standards and procedures for rail systems and services design, testing and commissioning for major rail infrastructure projects.
• Ability to build and sustain relationships, obtain cooperation and develop collaborative working relationships.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Jane Lowney at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Jane Lowney on (07) 3032 2252 for a confidential discussion.