Location Perth CBD
Consultant Wesley Bowley
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
EDL own and operate a diverse, global portfolio of over 980MW of power generation in two core business areas – Clean and Remote Energy. Based in Perth's CBD, they are now seeking an Operations Manager for the Remote Energy side of their business. The successful candidate's key job purpose will be to cover bottom line P & L accountability for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of EDL’s Australian RE – power generation operations, covering Remote Energy sites in WA and SA.
• With the support of the Shared Services group, manage the operations to comply with all Local, State and Federal Government Laws
• Contribute to and execute EDL’s Strategic Asset Management strategy
• Ensure that the provision of services to all RE customers is as per agreements and contracts. Liaise regularly with those customers to maintain positive and functional relationships as the Company’s representative. This will include the requisite travel to the various sites as and when required.
• Identify new business opportunities and “adjacencies”, within the existing customer base and without, and assist the Business Development Dept. to develop these opportunities into profitable agreements and contracts
• Through the effective deployment of operations and maintenance planning and resources, meet and, where possible, exceed targets for best in class costs for all RE power generation operations covering Remote Energy sites in WA and SA
• Maintain close collaboration with peers across the business to ensure the optimal use of company resources through internal labour sharing under the “One Australia” concept, and thereby reducing contractor costs. Ensure that appropriate business and asset management plans and budgets are prepared for the Company’s consideration according to an agreed format and within set time frames.
• Review, recommend and implement appropriate training & development programs and succession planning etc., to ensure that organisational capability is met now and into the future
• Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate geographically dispersed multidisciplinary teams and co-ordinate their efforts to the benefit of the Company
• Strong commitment to corporate and personal values
• Able to implement and sustain continuous business improvement
• Results and deliverables orientated with sound logical and analytical skills
• Proven ability to perform with a high level of commercial astuteness and ethical integrity
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Preferred tertiary qualifications in an appropriate engineering discipline (ideally Electrical) supported by extensive operational management experience at a senior level
• Very strong technical/operations and maintenance knowledge
• Safety management practices
• Risk analysis and strategic operations planning
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance obligations
• Relationship management
• Seeing and sensing new business opportunities
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft suite of package
Energy Developments Limited has an excellent culture that promotes a strong team based environment. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with the chance to develop their career with an International organisation.
Please note: Any direct applications to EDL from recruitment agencies or direct candidates will be forwarded to Robert Walters for review and ownership.
To apply please click apply or call Wesley Bowley on 08 9266 0900 for a confidential discussion.