Project Engineer (T&D/Substation)
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Project Engineer will be assisting in the development and review of the company Offers, initiate procurement, Tender design and engineering, material schedule and Bid response documents.
• Review of RFQ documents received from BOO opportunities and develop the tender response requirement schedule.
• Preparation of scope of works for various major items including Primary Electrical, Secondary Electrical, Protection & Control SCADA Communication systems, D&C work, Civil Work Prefabricated Switchroom control room, construction contracts, engineering consultancies and equipment supply.
• Monitor, direct and control activities of Tender design and engineering consultants and suppliers.
• Preparation and assessment of Request for Tenders / Quotations.
• Technical review of contracts, consultant and supplier deliverables.
• Perform design reviews and coordination.
• Preparation of project management documentation.
• Preparation of procedures and policies.
• Assist in tender response planning, issues resolution and risk management.
• Assist in the adaption of new tools, methods and processes for best practice project delivery.
• Assist in the planning of safety, environment and cultural heritage obligations.
• Engineering qualifications.
• Knowledge of Transmission and Distribution substations design theories, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of Primary Electrical Secondary Electrical, Civil, and SCADA involved on the substation projects
• Understanding of the tendering process and standard conditions of contract and an exposure to letting and awarding tenders.
• Ability to effectively implement change through work process redesign and systems integration.
• Understanding of quality management principles.
• Understanding of risk management principles.
• Ability to enforce contractual obligations when required.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.