Senior/Lead Instrument & Controls Engineer
Salary CBD Fringe
Location Adelaide CBD
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 26 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
GPA is a highly experienced consulting engineering group providing services to Australia's heavy industries since 1987 with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Darwin. GPA is respected for consistently delivering high quality results on technically challenging projects ensuring long term trusted client relationships whilst developing our staff to their full potential. Our perfect outcome is our employees and teams receiving accolades from our clients for their expertise, dedication and results.
At GPA you will become a valuable employee where development and training is paramount as we support you to be the best you can be whilst performing in an environment of the highest quality standards and personal support.
The role is for a senior / lead engineer with specific experience in the implementation of instrumentation and control system projects. Specifically the candidate shall be able to;
- Scope projects and prepare project estimates.
- Manage and execute control system related projects of varying size.
- Lead a team of technical personnel with the execution of projects with a hands on approach.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and develop solutions.
Suitable Candidates will possess;
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years proven technical experience
- Australian recognised engineering degree that satisfies the entry requirements for Chartered membership with Engineers Australia.
- Chartered Engineer with RPEQ a distinct advantage
- Willingness to travel and work on site when required
- High level of attention to detail and documentation writing
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- Passionate about quality engineering and attention to detail
- Highly developed report writing skills
- Ability to build rapport with fellow staff and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently where required
Desired experience in oil & gas, mining and/or heavy industry, including:
- Hazardous Area’s design, installation & commissioning
- P&ID interpretation and development
- Instrumentation specification, design & commissioning
- Control systems specification, design & commissioning
- Design of communication networks and telemetry systems
- Knowledge and understanding of SIS systems and Machine Safety principals
- Configuration of control systems including PLC/ SCADA, RTU and DCS systems
- Development of Control Philosophies and Functional Descriptions
- Experience on both Greenfields and Brownfields sites
- Solid understanding of maintenance, operability & constructability aspects of design
- Developed inspection and test plan documentation
GPA offers an exciting career pathway as well as a rewarding remuneration and benefits package. If you are Engineer that embraces a team based culture that promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment then please apply.
Applicants must have permanent residency.
GPA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity and encourages applications from women and indigenous Australians
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.