PV Design Engineer
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 6 September 2018 2018-09-062018-09-28 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A leading renewable energy developer & provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry is looking for a PV Design Engineer
• Works closely with stakeholders and the wider team, delivering engineering design expertise in PV electrical infrastructure projects.
• Undertaking options analysis, determining appropriate PV system concepts and producing detailed designs in accordance with relevant Australian Standards, guidelines & regulations.
• Preparation of system feasibility studies, specifications, SLDs, drawings and energy yield estimates.
• Assisting sales team with technical aspects of commercial project tenders and technical reports.
• Responding to enquiries from technical advisors, funders, clients and construction teams.
• Site compliance and commissioning inspections and quality reviews.
• Reviewing, analysing and troubleshooting performance and technical issues with commissioned systems.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, Photovoltaics or related discipline or relevant experience
• 2-3 years’ experience of utility-scale PV system design
• Demonstrable understanding of current PV plant technology, equipment and markets
• Experience of monitoring systems, SCADA and PPC design and integration
• Knowledge and experience of Australian standards and procedures for design, construction, testing and commissioning of solar projects (AS3000 & AS5033)
• Ideally CEC accredited in PV system design
• Experience using MSOffice, PVSyst (or equivalent modelling software)/Helioscope/Basic AutoCAD (minimum)
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.