E, I & C Engineer
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212018-12-21 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Seeking a E, I & C Engineer to join a leading resources company with the role involving design, delivery and installation/commissioning support of the electrical, instrumentation and control systems. Permanent position based in Sydney.
Seeking a E, I & C Engineer to join a leading resources company with the role involving design, delivery and installation/commissioning
support of the electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
Permanent position based in Sydney.
- Reviews and interprets customer's Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls of the projects.
- Participates in design, development and implementation of a fit for purpose technical solution with respect to E, I &C specs of the projects.
- Drafts electrical drawings, P&ID and schematics of the equipment and plant.
- Prepares E,I &C documentation like instruments list, I/O list, functional description, control philosophy, IOM (Installation, Operation and Maintenance) manual of equipment and plant.
- Programs the PLC, HMI and SCADA of equipment and plant.
- Assists senior E,I &C project Engineer to ensure that the E,I &C technical risks of projects are identified and a right solution provided to get the risk under control.
- Assists engineering and project teams to adequately control and mitigate the risks.
- Guides and assists in the implementation of new systems, solution modifications and expansions.
- Guides and assists the development of new sensor, device and network interface technologies.
- Assists with end to end project delivery - from conception, prototype through to post delivery and support.
- Quickly identifies opportunities, issues, risks and challenges to the business and stakeholders from a systems and data integration perspective.
- Supports the deployment, testing, FAT and SAT of E,I &C systems in the field (i.e. at customer sites).
- Coordinates the implementation of engineering and technical solutions within projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical/mechatronics engineering or equivalent which can be recognised by the Engineers Australia.
- 2 - 6 years in E,I &C design, development, support and delivering equipment preferably in the mining industry.
- Hands on experience in development, commissioning, fault finding and optimisation of complex automated equipment.
- Experience in writing PLC code.
- SCADA is beneficial but not essential.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical 2017.
- Knowledge of the materials handling and crushing equipment in mining is very beneficial but not essential.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.