Electrical Power Engineer
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
GPA is a highly experienced and respected consulting engineering group providing engineering services to Australia's heavy industries since 1987 with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Darwin. GPA delivers single disciplinary projects through to large multidisciplinary developments for either Greenfield or Brownfield operations from small projects to designing entire plants and facilities.
At GPA you will become a valuable employee where development and training is paramount as we support you to be the best you can be whilst performing in an environment of the highest quality standards and personal support.
• Opportunity to engage in a diverse range of projects for major clients within the hydrocarbons, water, power and mining sectors.
• Career development/progression with industry specific training, offering the ability to expand your knowledge and experience, working closely with seasoned professionals with extensive experience.
• GPA offers you the opportunity to collaborate and deliver your expertise in a team based professional environment, committed to delivering the highest quality.
Suitable Candidates will possess:
• Minimum of 5 years proven technical experience
• Australian recognised engineering degree that satisfies the entry requirements for Chartered membership in the Engineers Australia.
• Heavy industry experience
• High level of attention to detail and documentation writing
• Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and develop solutions
• Willingness to travel and work on site when required
Desired experience in the following:
• Design experience in HV & LV generation, distribution systems, reticulation and control systems
• Demonstrated understanding of power system modelling and load flow
• Exposure to Dynamic studies and harmonic analysis would be advantageous
• Sound understanding of protection system design
• Primary switchgear specification, design and commissioning
• Earthing system design and testing would be advantageous
• Exposure to working with AEMO, network/ distribution NSPs, knowledge of the NER
• Experience with electrical design tools such as PowerCAD, ETap, SKM, PSSE, Matlab, Simulink, Groundmat , CDEGS would be an advantage
The preferred candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong team focus, will thrive on responsibility, a challenge and enjoy working in a faced paced and dynamic environment. GPA is proud to promote a equal opportunity environment and is committed to workforce diversity and encourages applications from women and indigenous Australians.
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.