Grid Connection Manager (Solar)
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-02-03 engineering Sydney New South Wales 100 Miller Street, North Sydney AU 2060 AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Grid Connection Manager will be responsible for providing technical advice and support in relation to networks and connection projects. You will be working in the Sydney office reporting direct to the General Manager.
• Responsible for managing and developing innovative grid connections strategies.
• Developed an industry first planning framework based on probabilistic evaluation and cost benefit analysis that resulted in significant savings
• Working with industry stakeholders including statutory bodies to develop efficient and effective grid policy
• Provide technical advice and support in relation to networks and connection projects.
• Analyse technically feasible and cost-effective grid solutions.
• Support the evaluation of new sites and their feasibility from a connection point of view.
• Coordinate the GPS studies working with the advisors and prepare grid connection applications under the National Electricity Rules.
• Assisting where needed the commercial aspects of the business related to network and connection of the projects (PPA, EPC Contract and Financing documents).
• Possess an excellent understanding of planning and connections approval processes across the Eastern states.
• Engineering Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Electrical is preferable). Masters or higher degrees will be highly valued
• Over10 years’ experience working in energy sector and solid grid connection knowledge with NSPs are a must. Familiarity with power systems software (e.g. PSSE and PSCAD)
• Experience with semi-scheduled generation, i.e. large-scale PV systems or wind energy systems in Australia is preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.