Power System Consultant
Location Northern BeachesFULL_TIME
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-10 engineering Manly New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 85000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
As a Power System Consultant, you will focus on power consultancy, technical leadership and developing business. As a passionate and innovative consultant, you will experience variety, a flexible approach to working, and an opportunity to develop and travel visiting UK and global clients. The role will be based in Manly, Sydney.
• Specify and interpret grid interconnection studies and models (eg, PSS/e, PSCAD etc)
• Identify/prepare commissioning and test plans related to power systems and grid connections
• Oversee generation connection tests including Hold Point tests and other tests required to achieve registration of the generator (eg, R1 and R2 testing)
• Critically interpret power test results and advise a range of internal and external stakeholders, including consultants, system operators and network service providers
• Support and confirm Generator Performance Standard (GPS) studies match WTG performance
• Support and implement WTG control software to match GPS
• Technical support of Control and SCADA initiatives in meeting the relevant technical design, construction, maintenance, and regulatory needs of the company wind farms.
• Provide technical support and assistance to external customers on the capabilities of the company products under the direction of the Bid/Commercial Manager.
• Perform other tasks as nominated by the Senior Control Engineer or equivalent from time to time.
• Manage staff, as required, to meet project requirements.
• Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline (electrical power, mechanical or renewable engineering).
• Specific experience in power systems engineering, along with demonstrable understanding of SCADA and control engineering.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.