Hydro Operations Manager
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-16 engineering Albury New South Wales AU AUD 170000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Hydro Operation Manager leads and manages the Australian Hydro Operations and Maintenance team. The team currently comprises nine people who cover administration, engineering and operations and maintenance. It is based in NSW
• Co-ordination of all daily work activities on site (including management of the interface between in-house maintenance activities and project works)
• Ensure that the plant is operationally available as required by generation control.
• Maintain the plant to maximise plant performance in both the short and long term.
• Understand and effectively manage all operational risks
• Plan and schedule resources and budget to execute the maintenance plan in a commercially prudent manner
• Maintain the capability of staff and equipment to effectively respond to faults and emergencies when required.
• Actively participate in the review and development of the Asset Management Plan and annual Hydro Asset Maintenance business plan
• Ensure all scheduled maintenance and inspection job plans in Maximo are current and correct
• Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance information in Maximo
• Manage the vehicle fleet and mobile plant usage to comply with company policy and to achieve optimal usage
• Control the use and storage of inventory
• Relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant management experience in capital intensive asset operations.
• Understanding of electrical engineering power systems principles (Engineering degree would be an advantage but not a must).
• Maintenance engineering experience with a knowledge of Maximo (or similar computerised maintenance management system).
• Project management experience.
• Familiarity with ISO55000 asset management standard.
• Understanding of health, safety and wellness systems and processes as they pertain to operational sites and a proven ability to create a strong culture of safety.
• Experience with compliance management.
• Financial management experience.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.