OE Site Engineer (Solar)
Location Northern BeachesFULL_TIME
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-03-19 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
As an (OE) Site Manager you will provide active onsite management of construction activity on behalf of the project owner with extensive interaction with the EPC Contractor.
• In conjunction with the company Project Manager and technical specialist staff, act on behalf of the owner / investor to oversee all works conducted by the construction team, including contractors, sub-contractors, and associated interfaces.
• Ensure the timely production of all detailed designs, specifications and drawings required for construction of the works, including any necessary specification of temporary works
• Establish whether EPC Contractors meet technical and contractual requirements established in EPC contract.
• Monitoring / signing off SPV drawdowns of Lender’s funds against construction milestones in the EPC contract.
• Determine EPC Contractors meet local Standards according to applicable regulations and applicable laws and that all contractors secure and work to all necessary construction permits, consents and licenses.
• Monitor EPC Contractors' works during construction in accordance to H&S regulations and applicable laws and documented by way of a suitable HSE management system.
• Ensure high standards of health, safety, environment, and quality are obtained, with particular attention to project safety policy, quality plan, environmental plan, and contractual specifications.
• Risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk.
• Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and cost tracking reports.
• Develop and implement quality control programs.
• Following internal standards, support the company Project Manager in the production of construction progress reports in line with report deadlines
• Attend internal and external meetings and represent the company and our excellent company ethos
• Degree qualified in engineering (or other related subject) or equivalent by experience
• Experience in renewable project construction including practical knowledge of project engineering; design, EPC and multi contract administration, project management / construction management of wind and/or PV plants is ideal
• Experience in multidisciplinary construction management (civil, mechanical and electrical installation works)
• Technical Advisory and Engineering skills with expertise within our core technologies (solar and / or wind) is expected, whilst knowledge of storage, other renewables and grid integration would be desirable
• Practical knowledge, both technical and commercial, of how renewable energy assets are developed, constructed, operated and financed
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.