O&M Manager (Solar)
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 7 March 2019 2019-03-072019-03-22 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 150000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The O&M Manager will be the main role in the set-up of an O&M business in Australia and will play an instrumental part in the growth and success of our rapidly expanding solar power plant Fleet. The Manager will be responsible for integrating newly constructed PV Power Plants into the Fleet Operations, ensuring peak performance of solar power plants coupled with full compliance of all contractual obligations.
• Onboard newly constructed power plants in the company.
• Analyse best practices in industry for system operations.
• Provide support and oversight during construction representing Owner’s interests;
• Manage, prioritize and resolve on timely bases all PV Fleet activities and issues that may impact the overall solar power plant performance.
• Ensure full compliance of warranty and services obligations, including contract and warranty administration, and site operations and maintenance.
• Ensures that all contractual obligations for power plants including laws, ordinances and contracts (i.e. PPA LGIA land leases are met;
• Manage all external O&M contractors and field service organization. Provide management oversight and direction to ensure successfully perform system repairs, inspections, site visits, service calls and system commissioning.
• Drives continuous improvements and best practices in O&M, including creating and driving the O&M cost reduction roadmap.
• Interface regularly with project owner, energy off-taker, project financier and others to deliver enhanced customer satisfaction, communication and reporting.
• Work closely with outside resources to resolve long term systemic plant performance issues to resolve root cause.
• Prioritization day to day O&M departmental tasks, delegate and accomplish goals through others with strong leadership and management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred;
• Demonstrated expertise in power plant operations and maintenance management;
• Experience managing power plants and systems with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of direct management experience and 5 years of solar related experience;
• Experience in the selection and management of subcontractor and contract enforcement;
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.