Grid Connection Engineer
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Grid Connection Engineer will be responsible for providing technical advice and support in relation to networks and connection projects. You will be working in the Sydney office reporting direct to the Head of Development.
• Provide technical advice and support in relation to networks and connection projects.
o Analyse technically feasible and cost-effective grid solutions supporting the development team.
o Support the evaluation of new sites and their feasibility from a connection point of view.
o Support the in-house technical team from the initial layout to the final design of the project providing expert technical advice grid related inputs
o Coordinate the GPS studies working with the advisors and prepare grid connection applications under the National Electricity Rules.
o Work with NSPs, AEMO and network asset during all projects progress.
o Maintain the relationships with the NSPs and AEMO
o Assisting where needed the commercial aspects of the business related to network and connection of the projects (PPA, EPC Contract and Financing documents).
• Possess an excellent understanding of planning and connections approval processes across the Eastern states to advise internal stakeholders on project risks and benefits as well as ensure team members are driving projects forward.
• Engineering Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Electrical is preferable). Masters or higher degrees will be highly valued
• Over 2 years’ experience working in energy sector and solid grid connection knowledge with NSPs are a must. Familiarity with power systems software (e.g. PSSE and PSCAD)
• Experience with semi-scheduled generation, i.e. large-scale PV systems or wind energy systems in Australia is preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.