Project Engineer ( Photovoltaic Substation)
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 28 June 20192019-07-23 2019-07-28 engineering Victoria Victoria AU 3000 AUD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Prodiel www.prodiel.com https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Bicolour.gif
Prodiel has engaged Robert Walters to recruit a Project Engineer (Photovoltaic Substation) Prodiel is an international technology company specializing in renewable energy and environmental management. Prodiel has experienced a meteoric international expansion over the past few years. It began its internationalisation in 2013 when it opened its first office outside Spain, in Chile. At the current time, Prodiel is present on a permanent basis in 12 countries: Spain, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Morocco, Kuwait and Guatemala. Australia is one of the most recent region where Prodiel is developing its activities. The strong investment for the implementation of renewable energy sources supposed great potential and projection of this market for years. Prodiel’s first Australian Project will begin construction in September. Project Engineer (Photovoltaic Substation)- Regional VIC The Project Engineer (Solar) will report to the Project Manager for the project and the Project Leader for HV and PV for the area. Also reporting at functional level to the High Voltage Engineering Manager.
Review the deliverables produced by the Staff Engineers and support areas; provide feedback for continual improvement of the processes and work flow.
• Prepare comprehensive technical reports and memorandums for the engineering and PM management team.
• Collaborate on a permanent basis with the Construction Department to improve technical and construction solutions, monitor status of progress of possible engineering subcontractors, monitor deadlines.
• Carry out the timeline for engineering for the site and monitor the completion times of the project and customer responses to meet the set timeline.
• Manage procurement in coordination with the Purchasing Department and the Project Manager, technical approval of materials, updating at a technical level of the project's procurement plan.
• Review of the designs to be presented to the client, analysis of the most cost-effective proposal and delivery decision making.
• Report to the Project Manager any design requirements given by the client outside what was presented in the technical bid and technical specifications submitted during the tender process.
To be successful in this role, you will also require:
• Degree in Engineering. Post-graduate in Project Management would be highly advantageous
• 3 years’ Experience in similar projects.
• Experience in Planning, coordination and management of electrical and photovoltaic substations.
• Knowledge of design engineering and supervision of electrical and photovoltaic substations.
• Knowledge of civil design or high-voltage lines an advantage.
Housing Allowance will be provided during the project.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Begona Menendez at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.