Engineering Lead - Product Deployment
Salary competitive remuneration package
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 23 August 20192019-08-23 2019-09-22 engineering Adelaide South Australia AU AUD 150000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Playing a critical role in the industry, this innovative, national company has built a reputation for being at the forefront of technology which focusses on delivering benefits to its customers. The product will provide significantly upgraded capabilities which will lead to operational flexibility, improved system reliability and significantly improved safety. • Join a collaborative, forward thinking and high-tech team • A ground-breaking systems and software engineering project • Permanent role based in Adelaide near CBD
The Engineering Lead – Product Deployment will be responsible for leading the engineering activities for the first major stage of deployment for this critical software project.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an innovative technology project that will be recognised globally for its positive impact to the industry and customers. This role has technical and leadership opportunities, work with a positive high-performing team, use modern collaborative practices, the latest tools and flexible work options.
As Engineering Lead on the client side you will use your experience to bring a new, leading-edge technology into large scale operational use:
• Facilitate the deployment engineering process including effective consultation with internal and external stakeholders;
• Creation of work packages and plans for preparation, validation and deployment to achieve outcomes;
• Provide technical oversight of contractor tendering and ensure subsequent delivery is consistent with project goals;
• Promote agile thinking and continuous improvement;
• Ensure contractor technical deliverables meet scope and quality requirements;
• Capture product deployment knowledge for future deployments;
• Lead and collaborate with a supportive and positive team of project engineers and project managers;
• Participate in risk, opportunity and issue identification activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience bringing a complex technology into operational service. A superior ability to take ownership of engineering activities, lead and direct project consultants to ensure work is prioritised and delivered to appropriate quality.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline, or eligible for membership to Engineers Australia.
• Demonstrated experience in the deployment of technology based projects into an operational environment.
• Demonstrated ability to technically lead complex technology projects;
• Skills in planning, coordination and delivery of project engineering works.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly and succinctly in both written and oral form;
• The ability to consult and interpret functional and operational requirements and translate these into technical requirements for delivery.
• The ability to understand the relationship between technical and operational factors, safety outcomes, and impact on customers;
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check and appointment is subject to a drug, alcohol & medical assessment.
This company recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation so candidates with experience and perspectives that can contribute to our diverse workforce are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.