Senior Design Engineer Transmission Lines
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD140,000 per annum
Location Inner West SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 29 September 20192019-09-29 2019-10-29 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Design Engineer provides specialist advice, designs and reports, and develops standards in accordance with project objectives and stakeholder requirements. The role will report to the Transmission Lines and Cables Design Manager and will be based in Sydney.
Your main duties will be:
• Perform, review and approve transmission line and cables designs complying to relevant Australian/IEC standards and the company technical standards.
• Review designs performed by external service providers for compliance to relevant Australian/IEC standards and the company technical standards.
• Ensure designs approved for construction comply with relevant legislation, standards, policies and procedures.
• Update or create design standards and related documentation to ensure continued compliance to standards and industry best practice.
• Manage or complete studies in specialist areas such as earthing, noise, electric and magnetic fields, corona performance.
• Manage investigations and studies to assess the performance of the high voltage transmission line or underground cable network in accordance with appropriate design standards and provide advice and reports on work undertaken.
• Prepare and review or manage feasibility studies to determine transmission lines and cables design requirements for proposed projects Communicate with customer about technical aspects and support required, before, during and after.
• Degree qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in all the functional layout design areas of a transmission line and/or cable;
• Proficient in the use of engineering design software including PLS-CADD (required), CDEGS (desirable), CYMCAP (desirable) and business systems such as Bentley ProjectWise, Microstation and other design software to develop designs.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the preparation of designs and specifications
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.