Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Location South AustraliaFULL_TIME
Consultant Heysen Siegfried
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-30 engineering South Australia South Australia AU AUD 121 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role is for an Engineer with specific experience in the design and implementation of instrumentation and control systems. Specifically, the candidate shall be able to/possess: • Program/configure a range of PLC, RTU and SCADA platforms. • Scope projects and prepare project estimates. • Manage and execute control system related projects of varying size. • Work with a team of technical personnel supporting with the execution of projects with a hands-on approach. • Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and develop solutions. • Minimum of 3 - 8 years proven technical experience. • Engineering degree that satisfies the entry requirements for Chartered membership with Engineers Australia. • Willingness to travel and work on site when required.
• High level of attention to detail and documentation writing.
• Excellent problem solving and fault-finding skills.
• Passionate about quality engineering and attention to detail.
• Good report writing skills.
• Ability to build rapport with fellow staff and clients.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently where required.
• Desired experience in Oil & Gas, Water, Utilities, Defence or the broader heavy industry.
• P&ID interpretation and development
• Instrumentation specification, design & commissioning
• Control systems specification, design & commissioning
• Design of communication networks and telemetry systems
• Configuration of control systems including PLC/ SCADA, RTU and DCS systems
• Development of Control Philosophies and Functional Descriptions
• Experience on both Greenfields and Brownfields sites
• Developed inspection and test plan documentation
Opportunity to engage in a diverse range of projects for major clients within the hydrocarbons, water, power and mining sectors.
Career development/progression with industry specific training, offering the ability to expand your knowledge and experience, working closely with seasoned professionals with extensive experience.
The opportunity to collaborate and deliver your expertise in a team based professional environment, committed to delivering the highest quality.
To apply please click apply or call Heysen Siegfried on +61 8 82163509 for a confidential discussion.