Salary AUD170000.00 - AUD190000 per annum + Super
Location Southern Suburbs Perth
Consultant Simon Hart
Date posted 2 April 2017
This reputable Perth based Engineering Consultancy is a very stable company and a highly competitive player in the Water and Waste Water industry. The company offers a complete range of turnkey services including the design, fabrication, installation, testing, commissioning, servicing and maintenance of water related infrastructure. Due to internal promotion they are now seeking an experienced Operations Manager to head up their existing team, reporting into the GM you will be responsible the day to day operations of the company.
- Responsible for ensuring that all commercial tenders and proposals make provision for delivering profitability for the business in line with business plan.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and management of successful project delivery, which includes ensuring on time delivery that is in line with both key project commercial performance indicators and agreed customer requirements.
- Driving profitability through management of direct employees, contractors and all suppliers against contractual terms, while ensuring the business secures competitive pricing and delivery of agreed KPIs.
- Responsible for providing technical input, and management of the Engineering Team
- Provide weekly dashboard and comprehensive monthly reporting against project plans, with measurement tracked against key milestones to ensure all projects remain on target (commercial and timescale).
- Act as the champion of ISO standards, and processes in the Company.
- Assist in the strategic planning of the future growth of the Company.
- Responsible for contributing to the commercial tendering process and for the subsequent delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Identify and source the necessary resources required in the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations and Maintenance Teams to meet Company obligations and schedules.
- Identify training needs of the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations and Maintenance Teams.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations and Maintenance Teams.
- Provide technical and commercial guidance and direction to the Sales Team in pursuit of new work.
- Understand and influence the design of water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Develop Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations and Maintenance standards (eg, practices, procedures, specifications, calculations, designs, schedules, etc).
- Manage and provide technical support to the Project Delivery Team.
- Site commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Key contribution to the preparation of pricing, tenders and estimates, and project management of subsequent project wins in line with commercial and contractual agreements.
- Work with the Sales Team to develop standard products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 10 years water industry experience
- Packaged plant design experience
- Management of a manufacturing environment
- Site commissioning/trouble-shooting experience
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers, consultants and clients
- Previous experience in managing an Engineering Team
- Strong technical knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Results focussed
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading engineering company. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with the chance to develop their career and work for a market leading engineering contractor on water and waste water projects.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hart on 08 9266 0961 for a confidential discussion.