Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 9 October 2018 2018-10-092018-11-08 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Leading port terminal operator in Sydney have a great opportunity for an experienced person from a management background in heavy industry. This represents an opportunity to run a department for a global business, with the potential for succession into National positions in future. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in maintenance management related to heavy industry, associated workshops, planning and equipment.
We are seeking an Maintenance Manager to join the Engineering Team at our Port Botany Sydney.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in maintenance management related to heavy industry, associated workshops, planning and equipment. You will have demonstrated experience managing a large technician and trades workforce, along with extensive experience managing heavy equipment workshops.
- Provide managerial leadership to the Maintenance team.
- Perform all maintenance activities within budget and achieve KPI’s set in annual objectives for site equipment availability, MTBF and repair turnaround times;
- Prepare operating budgets and monitor and manage costs for all maintenance activities
- Identify and lead improvement in team’s OHS & Environment performance.
- Continuous improvement in equipment reliability, cost and labour productivity
- Evaluation of existing maintenance equipment and prepare integrated 5 year facility plan.
- Employee alignment & engagement that fosters great performance identifies & nurtures talent.
- Contribute to development of business plan strategies and translate into operations plan.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Extensive experience in maintenance management related to heavy industry, associated workshops, planning and equipment.
- Professional engineering or high level Trade qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering or maintenance disciplines highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy plant and equipment scheduled and unscheduled maintenance management plans and techniques.
- Highly developed leadership/people management skills including sound knowledge of IR/HR.
- Demonstrated ability to manage purchasing, stores and inventory control.
- Sound knowledge and ability in preparation of budgets and expenditure control.
- Sound working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation, plant and equipment regulations.
- Good knowledge of OHS Act, regulations and related codes of practice.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.