Senior Project Engineer - Mechanical
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202018-12-20 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical) to join a global resources equipment organisation. Great opportunity to be a lead in a team involved in design, delivery and installation/commissioning of mechanical equipment. This individual will have a track record in delivering complex projects within this environment. Based in North Sydney.
Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical) to join a global resources equipment organisation in Sydney.
- Reviews and interprets customer technical specifications with respect to mechanical equipment for the project.
- Takes the lead on implementation of engineering and technical solutions within projects.
- Where necessary, coordinates managing external parties, to implement technical solutions within mechanical equipment scope.
- Assists with end to end project delivery - from tender response, concept design, detailed design and factory acceptance testing through to post project delivery and support.
- Keeps abreast of industry best practice methodologies and tools
- Knowledge and experience of safety and legislative requirements for designing equipment for use in a mining and/or industrial environment.
- Proven track record in delivering complex projects, on budget, on schedule and to the required level of quality.
- Extensive experience in Mineral Crushing Plant Design.
- Tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Chartered Engineering status considered very beneficial but not essential
- At least 10 years’ equivalent work experience in a similar role delivering customer facing mineral crushing equipment and plants.
- Experience in the management and delivery of engineering design sub-contract work.
- A proven ability to carry out structural and vibrational analysis, both by hand calculation, and using Finite Element Analysis (Preferably NX/Nastran).
- Experience operating CAD and PLM software, preferably Siemens NX/ Teamcenter, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop strong relationships within the team and respective stakeholders
- Must be a self-starter, someone who is able to help delivery engineering scope for projects.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.