CNC Programmer/Metrology Technician
Consultant Tobias Hoskins
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12aerospace 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Our client has a focus on design, proven manufacturing processes and testing to deliver systems and critical components for their products. They work in a team based environment and currently have an opportunity for a Metrology Technician to join their company in a permanent position.
- Measure components with measuring devices to ensure tolerances are within design recommendations and industry standards.
- Ensure all inspection results are appropriately recorded.
- Inspect engineering drawings and liaise with designers/engineers for correction.
- Confer with Technicians, Engineers and other staff to compile recommendations to the engineering department for design or material changes.
- Make improvements and suggestions to streamline and reduce cost of production while maintaining component quality and function.
- Have extensive experience in precision measuring tools including CMM;
- Understand and have practically applied GD&T principals using ASME Y14.5 in a working environment.
- Understand and use hand and bench inspection tools, Hardness testers, Profilometers, Optical Comparators, Surface trace, etc.
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and familiarity with MS Office.
- Work well in a team environment, exercising good judgement, accuracy and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be offered and excellent career pathway and salary package, along with the rare opporuntity to join an ASX listed business poised for significant growth.