Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 7 March 2019 2019-03-072019-03-24 building-and-construction Brisbane Queensland Brisbane AU 4000 AUD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Senior Estimator (QS) with Commercial Construction Project experience. Tender and Win Commercial & Govt. Education, Health and Defence projects over $50M. With continued growth and project wins, our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Estimator with Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics qualifications to join the local team.
One of Australia’s leading Commercial Construction Groups who continue to lead the way delivering diverse, innovative, award winning commercial projects.
Joining this business you will be part of a culture that is supportive, engaging and rewarding, while working in a fast paced environment.
Investing in their employees is a priority for this business were hard work is recognised and rewarded.
With continued growth and project wins, our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Estimator (with Quantity Surveyor – Construction Economics qualifications would be advantageous) to join the local Brisbane team.
To ensure success you will bring to the business your proven success winning and delivering tendering on Commercial Construction projects valued over $50M+ across Commercial projects that may include Gov. contracts – Health / Education through to Retail and Industrial projects.
The main duties and tasks as an experienced (Senior) Estimator – will be supporting the Commercial Director / Estimating Manager, while managing the D&C estimation and hard dollar tender process:
- Prepare tenders over $50M
- Measure and price builder’s quantities
- Manage commercial tender documentation
- Liaise with other professionals
- Source Subcontractor and Supplier quotes and prices
- Analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction
- Follow due diligence in interpreting the cost implications of tender documentation
- Undertake value engineering exercises
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
- IT competency especially in MS suites including Excel (Advanced), Buildsoft Cubit, CostX & OST.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined.
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Commercial, Government project experience on projects over $50M in value
Qualifications and Skills preferred:
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveyor – Construction Economics advantageous) or related field
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduation construction cost estimating experience
- Experience measuring New Build to Fit out and refurb projects exceeding $50M
- Familiarity with on screen take-off systems and various estimating software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.