Senior PQS - Commercial Cost and Contracts Management
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-03-30 building-and-construction Brisbane Queensland Brisbane AU 4000 AUD 140000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
(PQS) Quantity Surveying / Cost and Contract Management Capabilities within our clients Brisbane office. Independent cost management advice, with clients across both public and private sector, commercial project types include Health, Education, Retail, Commercial and Leisure projects, with further scope across Resources and Infrastructure. Bring experience across 'traditional quantity surveying' including claim, risk and dispute management resolution.
Our client; a leading PQS / Cost Management Consulting Firm providing their clients with the best property and construction advice available, providing an exceptional opportunity to work on various sized projects in diverse sectors including a mix of retail, commercial, office, infrastructure, educational, and residential.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your career, with an in-house training program to form part of your future career development path, while working alongside and learning from many highly regarded industry professionals.
Currently with a unique opportunity for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor / Cost and Commercial Contract Manager to join their Brisbane office, they are require the expertise of a high-calibre professional.
Reporting to the company Directors, you will make the role you own.
You will provide Quantity Surveying / Cost and Contract Management Capabilities within our clients Brisbane office, with a focus on the provision of independent cost management advice to their clients. Their clients are from both the public and private sector working on a wide range of building types including Health, Education, Retail, Commercial and Leisure projects.
Their Cost consulting business provides proactive cost management services for the full suite of “traditional” quantity services utilising the latest industry tools.
They seek candidates who want to develop their career by working challenging projects within an inclusive team environment. Opportunities also available for interstate or project based assignments.
The prospective candidate needs to be capable of undertaking the following tasks:
- Cost planning advise at all stages of the design process
- Post Contract Administration services
- Claims, Risk and disputes management, resolution experience
- Ability to undertake Life cost Cycle Assessments
- Contribute to Client / Project team meetings
- Tax depreciation schedule experience
- Continue to innovate and broaden our approach to the delivery of cost advice through the expanded use of BIM.
You will bring to the role the following minimum requirements:
- 5 years full time experience as a quantity surveyor / cost manager
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external clients
- To be self-motivated and demonstrate sound organisational and prioritisation skills
- Knowledge and ability to maximise appropriate Quantity Surveying and Estimation software and technology such as Cost X, @risk, Buildsoft
- Excellent attention to detail, proactive, forward thinking with the ability to manage multiple task concurrently while working to deadlines
- Excellent oral & written and communication skills will be expected
- You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification along with Professional accreditation such as membership with the AIQS, RICS or equivalent
- You will be a forward thinker and planner, who assesses your own performance.
You will be rewarded with a salary package that matches your expertise, while joining a high performing collaborative team, who understand family and balance are key in generating the success they can show year on year, while delivering excellence to their clients.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.