Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 3 May 20192019-05-06 2019-06-02 building-and-construction 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
The Company: Our client; a leading consulting firm providing their clients with the best property and construction advice available, have an exceptional opportunity to work on various sized projects in diverse sectors including a mix of retail, commercial, office, social infrastructure, educational, and infrastructure.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your career, with an in-house training program to form part of your future career development path, while working alongside and learning from many highly regarded industry professionals.
Currently with a unique opportunity for an experienced Professional Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join their Southeast (Brisbane & Gold Coast) Queensland offices, they are require the expertise of a high-calibre professional.
Reporting to the company Directors, you will make the role you own.
You will provide quantity surveying/cost & risk management capabilities within their Queensland offices, with a focus on the provision of independent cost management advice to their clients.
Their clients are from both the public and private sector working on a wide range of building types including health, education, retail, commercial and social infrastructure projects.
Their cost consulting business provides proactive cost management services for the full suite of “traditional” quantity services utilising the latest industry tools.
They seek candidates who want to develop their career by working challenging projects within an inclusive team environment.
The prospective candidate needs to be capable of undertaking the following tasks:
- Cost planning advise at all stages of the design process
- Post contract administration services
- Ability to undertake life cost cycle assessments
- Contribute to client / project team meetings
- Tax depreciation schedule experience would be an advantage
- Continue to innovate and broaden our approach to the delivery of cost advice through the expanded use of BIM
You will bring to the role the following minimum requirements:
- 5 years full time experience as a quantity surveyor / cost & risk management
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external clients
- Demonstrate Local working knowledge
- To be self-motivated and demonstrate sound organisational and prioritisation skills
- Knowledge and ability to maximise appropriate Quantity Surveying and Estimation software and technology such as Cost X, @risk, Buildsoft
- Excellent attention to detail, proactive, forward thinking with the ability to manage multiple task concurrently while working to deadlines
- Excellent verbal & written and communication skills will be expected
- You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification along with professional accreditation such as membership with the AIQS, RICS or equivalent
- You will be a forward thinker and planner, who assesses your own performance
You will be rewarded with a salary package that matches your expertise, joining a high performing collaborative team, who understands family and balance are key in generating the success they can show year on year, while delivering excellence to their clients.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.