Salary AUD70000 - AUD80000 per annum
Location Western Sydney
Consultant David Taylor
Date posted 8 November 2016
A well respected food and drinks business in west Sydney is looking for a Production Technician for their manufacturing site in west Sydney, with strong career progression opportunities.
About the role:
The Production Technician’s primary purpose is to oversee the operations of multiple production lines and world-class automated equipment, ensuring safe and efficient operation in order to effectively achieve operational targets and contribute to the achievement of customer service levels.
Reporting to the Shift Leader and based at their impressire modern site in west Sydney, the Production Technician will be multi-skilled through a variety of operational areas and will rotate throughout several key functions of the processing site including milk processing and inbound dry goods and materials.
- Full accountability for the effective running of the production line by overseeing the operations of world-class automated machinery including milk processing, filling and packaging and logistics operations
- Monitor and control computer automated machinery via the utilisation high-tech software technology
- Setting up machines, optimising run conditions and overseeing critical control points
- Play a pivotal role in identifying and contributing to site continuous improvement initiatives
- Contribute to the achievement of health and safety targets and goals
- Help to deliver daily production schedules and adhere to site scheduling performance indicators
- Trades background (Mechanical / Electrical) will be highly regarded
- Experience within food processing, FMCG & pharmaceutical strongly preferred
- Understanding of best practice manufacturing standards
- Exposure to state of the art automation technology and short shelf life products is an advantage
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude along with a high commitment to safety
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and relationships business wide
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading food and drinks business in a fast paced, collaborative and supportive work environment. Please note, the role will require working Saturdays and weekly rotating AM and PM shifts.
To apply please click apply or call David Taylor on +61 2 8289 3185 for a confidential discussion.