Location Western AustraliaFULL_TIME
Consultant Patrick Mohan
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262018-12-26 mining 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Production Superintendent's primary duties are to optimise the quantity and quality of salt produced from the operation as economically as possible whilst maintaining a safe and harmonious workplace. This must be done in compliance with all government regulations including environmental, safety and port security. The role is located in the middle of the Shark Bay World Heritage Property encompassing about 130 square kilometres, of which 70 square kilometres are operational ponds, and is close to the south end of Shark Bay.
- Manage the salt production process both quantity and quality from the initial seawater flowing into the operation until the final product salt is shipped from the port.
- Manage the production department budgets to ensure the department stays within the agreed budget
- Schedule the production department works and activities throughout the year
- Ensure the production department complies all statutory requirements including safety, environmental, workplace relations and port security
- Liaison with and manage contractors involved in production related works
- Degree in Science, Engineering or relevant field
- WA ‘C’ vehicle licence
- Extensive experience in the salt mining industry (desired)
- Experience in a production and management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Shark Bay Salts has an excellent culture that promotes a strong team based environment. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with the chance to develop their career with an reputable organisation.
To apply please click apply or call Patrick Mohan on +61 8 92660964 for a confidential discussion.