Salary Attractive salary and benefits
Consultant Timothy Cornwell
Date posted 30 September 20192019-10-04 2019-10-30 mining Melbourne Victoria AU 3067 AUD 140000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the Organisation: Interchem is a supplier of specialty chemicals, intermediates and raw materials for a broad range of industrial applications, from lubricants to mining to aviation, defence and agriculture. Based in Melbourne, the company represents several leading chemical producers from around the world and draws on unrivalled technical support and capabilities to assist its customers in meeting their needs.
Interchem is a market leader in the supply of chemicals to the Mining Industry. Our Mining Solutions Division offers an extensive list of mining reagents, including the supply of raw materials and specialist chemicals, and bulk liquid and solid commodities to the base metal and coal mining industries in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. Specialising in flotation reagents, Interchem works to improve metallurgical performance with standard and proprietary blends to support our customers’ mining operations, while providing first class support and backup logistics always.
Due to continued growth, Interchem are seeking to appoint a Technical Manager to provide technical support and advice to customers around the flotation process for all Interchem mining products. In this role, you will provide technical leadership and positioning of our products to yield solutions as a valued trusted partner. This key role will involve initiating and building relationships with key stakeholders predominantly across the Australian and ASEAN mining markets, including business development and identifying areas for new opportunities, and potential technical sales.
- Lead technical and product support for Interchem’s customers
- Develop solutions to technical challenges and identifying opportunities to expand or develop new product offerings
- Plan, coordinate and conduct sampling, test work and associated plant trials; travelling frequently to mine sites and contract metallurgical laboratories
- Create technical reports providing recommendations to external customers and the internal team
- Manage a technical product innovation pipeline, remaining up to date with industry developments
To be considered you will have:
- A degree in Mineral Processing or Extractive Metallurgy and substantial experience in industrial flotation in the mining industry
- A sound knowledge in local and international chemical suppliers and the regulatory aspects pertaining to the industry
- Demonstrated project management, commercial and technical sales skills and the ability to maintain consistent and seamless delivery for customers
This position affords scope for an experienced metallurgical professional to realise the significant outcomes of working for one of Australia's most trusted and established names. On offer is an attractive remuneration and benefits package, the opportunity to travel to site but live in a capital city.
To apply please click apply or call Tim Cornwell on (07) 3032 2217 for a confidential discussion.