Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Jane Lowney
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Building Queensland is the independent infrastructure advisory body, which provides independent expert advice to the Queensland Government on the state’s infrastructure priorities. Building Queensland works closely with all Queensland Government departments, government owned corporations (GOCs) and statutory authorities through the provision of strategic advice, preliminary evaluations and business case development on a range of infrastructure related matters.
About the Role
As Program Director, you will engage with key stakeholders across a range of infrastructure portfolios including energy; utilities; transport and social, provide support across the full development and assessment cycle of major business cases. You will lead multiple project teams and contribute to the strategic and operational goals of Building Queensland.
This is a critical role at the forefront of infrastructure investment evaluation in Queensland. This role will involve providing commercial, technical and strategic advice to Building Queensland and key stakeholders.
- Leading multiple project teams in the development of business cases under the Government’s Project Assessment Framework (PAF), ensuring cohesive and effective delivery.
- Managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders internally as well key government agencies and project stakeholders.
- Representing Building Queensland at meetings and forums with external stakeholders including steering committees and working groups.
- Commitment and leadership to deliver in line with appropriate project management and assurance frameworks.
- Deliver fit-for-purpose procurement strategies for business case delivery.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant professional field (commerce, engineering, economics).
- Proven leadership experience of advisory services or business case development in line with Queensland Government Assessment framework, or similar.
- Project delivery of complex infrastructure projects for Government will be highly regarded.
- Ability to lead multiple teams, delegate and prioritise in a fast-paced, high change environment.
This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute significantly to infrastructure evaluation and assessment in Queensland.
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current/immediate/past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum 2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the key responsibilities, attributes noted in the ‘How you will be assessed?’ section and requirements for the role.
A full position description can be downloaded from Smart Jobs for by request from Robert Walters.
Robert Walters will manage all internal and external applications on behalf of Building Queensland.
Closing Date: 5pm, 25th June 2018
To apply please click apply or call Jane Lowney on (07) 3032 2252 for a confidential discussion.