Estimating Manager (Solar)
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 12 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Estimating Manager will be responsible for the development of company estimating guidelines and estimates to support tenders and proposals. This position reports to the Director of Business Development. This position is located in Sydney, NSW.
• Estimating EPC Projects value via Cost Breakdown Structure and proposing Tender price regarding the market competitiveness.
• Proposing customer approach strategies for Tender wins.
• Maintaining an appropriate intelligence on market developments upstream and downstream. Identify the legislative, industrial, political, cultural and economic environment within which the contract would be performed and the impact of this.
• Keeping abreast of EPC Service Providers’ and suppliers’ market costs and terms of engagement.
• Securing long-term or occasional cost commitments in support of Tenders.
• Develop and coordinate a Bid Team to ensure the tender and proposal is submitted on time, within budget, supported by a cost-traceable CBS, and in compliance with company policy and standard procedures.
• Review tender documentation ensuring a full and complete understanding of the technical and commercial commitment to which the Company will be obligated.
• Assessment and preparation of R&O Registry assessing all technical, operational, commercial, financial, legislative and resource risks associated with the tender and incorporation of the same in the Tender.
• Proposing Contingency and Contingency Management Plan in support of Tenders
• Provide regular reports and recommendations on the progress of the tender and proposal.
• Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the customer and key vendors at necessary levels within their organisation.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure the tender and submissions are accurate and viable.
• Develop systems to ensure successful handover from proposal to contract initiation.
• Tertiary Qualification in either Project Management, Engineering, Commerce or Law.
• Significant experience in Renewable Energy or BOP of Power Construction sectors is preferable.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering successful and profitable tenders.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.