Project and Contracts Manager
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-09-29 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This Project and Contracts Manager position presents an exciting opportunity to pursue an commercial client facing role within a top tier manufacturing company in Sydney.
To manage all aspects of the Contract, Project Management and associated Planning & Manufacturing, Documentation and Finance aspects of the equipment and project execution process, from formal pre-award Hand-Over to Delivery and Contractual Closure.
Responsible for the On Time and in Budget delivery of Capital Equipment, locally manufactured and sub-contracted / 3rd party supplied, in accordance to the Contractual Requirements.
• On Time and in Budget delivery of contracts assigned.
• Manage the processes associated with the planning, preparation and monitor of production schedules, encapsulating both manufacturing/ purchasing and Equipment Assembly orders.
• Allocation and Resource management of Project Management resources, aligned to project requirements.
• Preparation and reporting on Key Financial and Performance Management data.
• Provide financial analysis detailing problem areas that impacted on the overall financial viability of the project.
• Developing and improving business processes related to the Order execution process.
• Liaising and negotiating with Customer and Customer nominated Inspectors.
• Working as part of the Logistics and Product Supply Unit Management Team to improve performance and support the profitability and growth initiatives.
• Train, develop and mentor staff to achieve their potential.
• Bachelor's degree with 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional customer service and client communication skills, with a professional approach to maintaining relationships.
• Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Project Management.
• Post Graduate education in related business, supply chain, or planning considered favourably.
• Exposure and experience with Contract / Project management within the capital equipment – manufacturing field is highly advantageous.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.