Salary 12.5% Super + Benefits
Consultant Jane Lowney
Date posted 18 September 2018 2018-09-182018-10-13 engineering 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Robert Walters is proud to partner with the Department of Transport & Main Roads to assist them in identifying a Project Director (Significant Projects) for the Far North District, based in Cairns. This is a temporary, full-time role based in Cairns within 30th June 2020, with possibility of extension.
This exciting role will be responsible for the delivery of a program of projects worth in the region of $750m. These projects will be delivered as D&C and Construct Only packages by key contracting partners in the region.
This role will be based in Cairns and will lead a team of project managers, engineers and a range of support staff in achieving required project outcomes. Stakeholder engagement, contract management and leadership are critical elements to this role.
- Leadership across a program of projects ranging in values from $100m - $450m
- Commercial and contract leadership across a range of contract types
- Represent the district with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring project progress, milestones, ensuring projects are on track
- Governance and reporting including briefing notes
- Civil Engineering Degree + RPEQ or eligible within 6 months of appointment
- Proven track record delivering large infrastructure projects
- C Class drivers licence.
- Experience delivering major projects within a complex stakeholder environment (internal & external)
- Experience in applying rigorous corporate and project governance in a government environment (previous TMR experience will be highly regarded).
- Commitment to leading and developing high performing teams.
A full role description, salary & benefits and information pack is available on request from Jane Lowney at Robert Walters or via Smart Jobs. All applicants will be assessed by Robert Walters.
All applications are sent through Robert Walters via this link: https://tinyurl.com/ya6lh4qn
Applications will close on Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
To apply please click apply or call Jane Lowney on (07) 3032 2252 for a confidential discussion.