Contract Administrator (QS)
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-03-01 building-and-construction Brisbane, Queensland Queensland AU AUD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Contracts Administrator(s) to join DNC Commercial Builder with initial requirements to assist the project delivery team. With secured projects and a strong pipeline of works across variety of commercial markets including Aged Care, Education and multi-unit developments. You will join a team that works to complete on quality and time projects from $10M to over $20M across SEQ.
Our client has proven to be an industry leader in commercial building specialising in major DNC projects throughout SEQ, Australia.
Successfully providing innovative construction solutions across a variety of markets sectors including Health & Aged Care, Commercial, Education and Multi-unit developments upwards of $20M.
The company has retained strong business outcomes both in size and reputation, typically growing its personnel from within (including internal development plans) rather than hiring externally. Constantly striving to deliver high quality and timely projects, along with delivering unparalleled service for their clients has allowed our client to build a strong reputation across their chosen markets.
Due to secured projects and a strong pipeline of works, they are actively recruiting for talented Contracts Administrators to join their team, with initial requirements to assist their projects team in the delivery of current projects.
As Contracts Administrator, you will provide a high-quality service that will ensure project expectations are met and exceeded.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing all facets of the subcontract and head contract process
- Negotiate and review subcontract and head contract tenders including preparation of tender comparison for review
- Prepare, check and review subcontract packages, scopes, lettings and procurement schedules
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure they are adhering to environmental commitments and responsibilities
- Preparation of accurate payment schedules
- Understand and manage subcontractor contractual risk
- Process progress claims, delay claims and external variations according to contractual obligations
- Preparation of project budgets for review and provide accurate rolling final account forecasts
- Assist in the preparation and administration of project completion and inspection test plans
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management (Project Management or Quantity Surveying), Engineering.
- Demonstrate 3 plus years commercial construction experience across relevant projects up to and over $20M
- Proven local knowledge of subcontract tendering, standards, and procedures
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of overall construction programmes and plans
- Able to identify key obligations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport at all levels and work in a team environment
- Proficient in Buildsoft, Cheops, Jobpac, Procore and Microsoft Office suite
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.