Project Manager (Renewables)
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-07 utilities Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 170000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Project Manager will report to the Head of Construction. The role will be based in Sydney.
• Manage interfaces with EPC Contractors, Owner’s Engineer, land holders, Cultural Heritage representatives, permitting authorities (local Councils) and connection activities (NSP / AEMO).
• Oversee relationships with project stakeholders, including PPA entities, project financiers, Independent Certifiers, Owner’s Engineer, EPC Contractor, NSP, Local Councils, and internal company departments.
• Responsible for financial and project commercial performance.
• Manage all internal Technical, Financial, and Legal teams and other stakeholders to implement and report on all project related work in managing the project.
• Engage in the development and implementation of short- and longer-term strategies for developing new renewable energy projects including lessons learned.
• Contribute to the EPC and Owner’s Engineer selection processes including scope, time and cost elements.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of short- and longer-term strategies for developing new renewable energy projects including lessons learned.
• 4+ years’ experience in project utility scale renewable energy project management and/or project management in the renewable energy sector as owner’s representative.
• Experience in the delivery of solar and/or wind projects in Australia.
• Knowledge of delivery implications for longer term asset management requirements.
• Previous experience in management of Approvals, permitting and NSP/AEMO connection processes within Australia.
• Knowledge of EPC Contract formation and administration for Renewable Energy projects.
• Knowledge of financial management of Renewable Energy projects.
• Knowledge and experience in delivery of PPA’s for projects in renewable energy
• Flexibility to travel to project sites on average once per month.
• Australian energy regulations, framework and market landscape knowledge.
• Strategic thinking, prioritization skills and ability to plan and execute according to defined procedures and where necessary contribute to developing new procedures.
• Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
• Good team working, communication and team management skills.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.