Project Manager - Commercial Construction (Education)
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Greg Will
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-03-20 building-and-construction Brisbane Queensland Brisbane AU 4000 AUD 180000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager to join highly skilled SEQ project teams. To ensure success you will bring to the business your proven experience delivering projects over $40M+ across Commercial / Social Infrastructure projects specifically Education and Health.
Our client is one Australia’s leading D&C Commercial builders, who continue to lead the way delivering diverse, innovative, award winning commercial construction project.
Our client takes pride in their ability to retain clients generating a strong pipeline of projects, with an enviable project portfolio.
As an employer of choice, joining this business means being part of a culture that is supportive, engaging and rewarding. Offering work/life balance and investing in their employees is a priority for this business where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
Due to continued growth and project wins, they are currently seeking experienced Project Managers to join their local project teams.
To ensure success you will bring to the business your proven success delivering projects over $40M+ be they from the Commercial / Social Infrastructure projects specifically Education and Health.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing commercial construction projects.
- Responsible for managing the team on Commercial projects that will include Education, Health and diversified Social Infrastructure projects over $40M+.
- Responsible for the planning, financial and budgeting aspects.
- Manage and report the assigned program of work to achieve program objectives in accordance with corporate policy and contractual agreements.
- Manage and anticipate project changes, adjusting plans and activities accordingly.
- Oversee and monitor key milestones for project through regular project reviews and analysis of potential risks to ensure delivery of program objectives.
- Ensure all project deliverables are of high quality prior to handover.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to align and agree program of work and anticipate changes that may impact the program of work.
- Manager performance, compliance and expectations of resources and ensure knowledge transfer within the team.
Education & Experience:
- Proven local experience in construction/project management, demonstrating a min. 5 years in a similar capacity.
- Successfully completed the management of several mix-use and commercial project.
- Proven experience managing a construction team and the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver results related to time, cost and quality.
- Strong industry knowledge including structural engineering, building design principles and the ability to identify design issues through to scope of works.
- Strong reporting and communication skills including cost control and paperwork to ensure that the project is operating efficiently, with the ability to communicate at all levels including clients, design consultants, site managers and sub-contractors.
- Ideal candidate has a tertiary background in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Proven demonstration for retain high prioritisation on the safety and welfare of all personnel that enter your site.
You will be rewarded with an exceptional remuneration package based on your experience and a supportive environment that will allow for greater work life balance and project success.
To apply please click apply or call Greg Will on +61 7 30322215 for a confidential discussion.