Project Manager (Civil) - Local Government
Salary AUD450 - AUD550 per annum
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 12 September 20192019-09-12 2019-10-12 engineering Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 450 550 550 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity has arisen with this great Sydney based local council for a Project Manager with Civil, Roads and Urban background. The role will deliver the Capital Works Program and manage the property portfolio. The Capital Works program includes community buildings, open spaces, streetscapes, roads and footpaths and other public domain features. 12 month Contrcat position.
The role is to define and deliver the Capital Works Program and manage the property portfolio. The Capital Works program includes community buildings, open spaces, streetscapes, roads and footpaths and other public domain features.
The purpose of this position is to provide project management at a mid - senior level to effectively manage complex projects that have a civil focus in particular roads, streetscapes and cycleways throughout all project phases.
The applicant should therefore have a relevant engineering degree qualification with project management experience.
• Manage the day to day project delivery to meet time, cost, quality, safety and environmental expectations.
• Manage projects with risks related to construction of civil works;
• Collaborate with project team and stakeholders using effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Promote a culture where Work Health and Safety responsibilities receive the up most importance and comply with all relevant acts and regulations;
• Undertake other tasks as required by the Position Supervisor or Director.
The position will be required to manager complex capital works projects or support larger capital works and/or property projects that include roadworks, streetscapes and cycleways.
The position will work across all project phases including initiation, design, documentation, tender and procurement, construction commissioning and finalization.
Manager or assist in the day to day implementation of projects including:
• The assessment of risks and support in the preparation of mitigation plans
• The preparation of Project Plans
• The preparation of tender documentation
• The administering of contracts, including evaluation of progress claims, variation claims, extension of time claims, and performance monitoring;
• The investigation of compliance conditions with all relevant utility holders and authorities to avoid any delays to projects;
• Liaise with the utility holders, consultants and contractors
• Prepare and issue timely documentation to enable proactive project reviews, including preparation of regular cost reports, project status updates, construction photographs and compliance reporting;
• Assist in community, stakeholder and Authority liaison to ensure projects are appropriately communicated and external views and issues are addressed.
• Comply with and keep abreast of any relevant legislation applicable to the performance of the duties of this position
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.