Project Manager - Product Delivery
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Heysen Siegfried
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-30 engineering Adelaide South Australia City Fringe AU 5000 AUD 120000 131000 131000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Playing a critical role in the industry, this innovative, national company has built a reputation for being at the forefront of technology which focusses on delivering benefits to its customers. The product will provide significantly upgraded capabilities which will lead to operational flexibility, improved system reliability and significantly improved safety.
The Project Manager – Product Deployment will be responsible for performing the system management function for the inland rail project and perform people management of a number of roles.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an innovative technology project that will be recognised globally for its positive impact to the industry and customers. This role has technical and leadership opportunities, work with a positive high-performing team, use modern collaborative practices, the latest tools and flexible work options.
As a Project Manager on the client side you will use your experience to bring a new, leading-edge technology into large scale operational use:
• Lead the systems management and other work-streams for the Inland rail deployment project.
• Develop and manage the delivery of contractor work packages.
• Coordination of product installation, tests, trials and commissioning to ensure that it is consistent with specifications, performance requirements, regulatory obligations.
• Effective handling of issues that arise, in conjunction with the Engineering and Project Managers, and other Project team members, that may affect project progress, budget, quality, operational or functional outcomes.
• Promote a safety culture within the team to conform with current Work Health and Safety legislation.
• Lead and collaborate with a supportive and positive team of project engineers and the broader project team.
• Participate in risk, opportunity and issue identification activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience bringing a complex technology into operational service. A superior ability to take ownership of engineering activities, lead and direct project teams to ensure work is prioritised and delivered to appropriate quality.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Communications, Systems or Signalling), Technology or equivalent related experience;
• Demonstrated experience in the development, deployment and organisational integration of a software and system engineering project.
• Demonstrated experience in the planning, testing, and delivery of technology-based projects into an operational environment.
• Demonstrated experience in planning, coordination and delivery of engineering works.
• Strong interpersonal skills, such as communication and negotiation, including the ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly and succinctly in both written and oral form.
• The ability to understand the relationship between technical and operational factors, safety and commercial outcomes, and impact on customers;
• The ability to consult and interpret functional and operational requirements and translate these into technical requirements for delivery;
• 5+ years of relevant demonstrated experience in a similar role.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office packages, especially Microsoft Project.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check and appointment is subject to a drug, alcohol & medical assessment.
This company recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation so candidates with experience and perspectives that can contribute to our diverse workforce are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Heysen Siegfried on +61 8 82163509 for a confidential discussion.